1. Disable AVG self protection: .... Right click the AVG icon in the taskbar. (near the clock) .... Select to Temporarily Disable AVG Protection. .... Agree the default timeout - usually 10 minutes.
2. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer and Navigate to: (Something like this - I have noticed that it changes) .... C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG201x\ ...... for 32bit systems. (201x means 2013 or 2014) .... C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG201x\ for 64bit systems. .... C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AV\ for Windows 10 64bit systems.
3. Delete the following three folders: Awacs, Banners, Tuneup .... Do not delete anything else you see inside the AVG201x folder. .... If you accidentally delete anything else go to the recycle bin and restore it. .... Note: If you have already paid for the Tuneup addon then keep this folder?
4. Close the My Computer/Explorer window.
5. Enable AVG self protection: .... Right click the AVG icon in the taskbar. (near the clock) .... Select to Enable AVG Protection - can take 20 seconds or so to fully activate.